Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default striiping copper wire

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 5/4/2008 5:18 AM spake thus:

Is it worth it to strip bx cable(2 wire, and ground sheilded with
metal casing) as opposed to bringing it to the scrap yard unstripped.
Will I get more money if it is stripped.

You're not one of those folks who "liberates" cable from construction
sites and accessible wiring in apartment buildings, are you? Why should
we tell you?

Like the son of a bitch who recently cut out my catalytic converter from
under my van. Probably used a portable Sawzall, nice clean cut ...

Well, if you're gonna get ripped off anyway, better to be ripped off by
a pro. Less collateral damage. Between house and car, I've probably been
robbed 6-8 times. You can definitely tell the kids from the
professionals. Once, they slap-hammered the hatchback lock on my car,
causing 100+ $ damage, when all they had to do was look underneath and
chisel off one little rivet to get the cylinder to pop out. (In that
case, they were ballsy as well- 3 PM Sunday afternoon in a crowded
Target parking lot.)

--
aem sends...