Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Wheel bearing grease. Another question about the trailer,

gpsman wrote in news:1396831b-b8e4-4da5-bd21-
:

On May 3, 11:19 pm, mm wrote:
It says to add greaase with the grease fitting on the
inside of the rim, and to fill the axle cap with grease.

It seems to me that if I fill from the grease fitting it will fill the
entire space inside the wheel hub, and I don't think I've ever seen
that much grease in anything.

N/A.

What should I do?

Add greaase with the grese fitting on the inside of the rim, and fill
the axle cap with grease.

How do I know when I've put in enough grease?

You'll see when you add the grease with the fitting on the inside of
the "rim". Then you'll "fill", more or less, the axle cap.

Then, install it.

And do I need to use wheel bearing grease?? on a trailer that weights
250 pounds and which has a max load of 990, but I"ll never use it with
more than 200 pound load.

If you're going to make one trip of maybe 5 miles, and you carry a
fire extinguisher, you needn't bother with the grease. More, and you
prolly ought to grease it, and regularly.

And check the tire pressures before every use.
-----

- gpsman

prolly

prolly? Usually used by kids on IM's since spelling "probably" is
difficult. But the rest of your post appears mature and informative :-)