Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Trepanning and Parting Off

On 2008-05-03, James Waldby wrote:
On Sat, 03 May 2008 04:07:16 +0000, DoN. Nichols wrote:

[ ... ]

http://books.google.com/books?id=Skd...lpg=RA8-PA36&d
q=gooseneck+tool+lathe&source=web&ots=edrQWKc6hu&s ig=QsKeq0Vn7zebOdjC5ydY
KtuqnkA&hl=en#PRA8-PA35,M1

Hmm ... I don't think that I'm going to bother cut-and-pasting
all three chunks of that URL. I know the tool anyway, and see them
occasionally on eBay auctions.

Just for reference, here's a working link to the same page, with
non-essential parts (ie, the last two-thirds) cut away:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Skd...AJ&pg=RA8-PA36

O.K. That (the full PDF) is dowloading as I type.

The "Download PDF - 36.3M" link on that page fetches a pdf file
with 1100-odd scanned pages from what appear to be pamphlets #41
through 110 of Machinery's Reference Series, ca. 1908-1913.

O.K. Possibly other intersting things in there, then.

Also, regarding cut-and-paste of broken-up URL's like that,
I usually highlight the whole mess, paste it into Firefox's
URL box, then delete the return characters to fix it, as
opposed to cutting and pasting three separate parts.

O.K. But I normally don't have Opera up and running, so I
invoke it by a script "op" which does a cd to a place where I tend to
save things, then invokes opera via the URL which I cut-and-pasted into
the comand line -- and the command line sees the newlines as end of a
command line and the start of another, which of course fails to reach
the place desired and then tries to interpret the other two as separate
commands, which also normally fail. :-) So I have to cut and paste it
one line at a time, and surround the whole thing with double quotes to
keep any stray '?', '%' or similar characters with special meanings to
the shell from having those meanings.

Obviously, if I used a web brower for a newsreader I wouldn't
have this -- but I would have other possible problems.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564