Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default Casements around wide entry opening question??

evodawg wrote:
Mark & Juanita wrote:

evodawg wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

evodawg wrote:

Question asked in rec.woodworking? Also posted pics of Dinning room
Wainscot I just finished. I don't particularly like high wainscot but
it seems its back in style. Customer is always right, right.

see picture roundedcorner.jpg the rest are just extra's
I like the way you handled the rounded corner. That style of
drywalling
is very prevalent here in AZ.
Thanks, but my problem is another customer wants a similar application
but they want me to come around that wall that has the curved edge
treatment and encase the door opening. I posted my problem in
rec.woodworking. But I'm having a hard time trying to explain what the
customer wants or folks aren't understanding what I'm trying ask. Think
its a FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE on my side. How do I make that curve in wood
or MDF?

As I said, that style of drywall is very prevalent here in AZ. I can't
think of ever seeing that curve cased. The only things even close would
be the rounded archways with curved molding where the molding might have a
roundover. Does your customer have any style or home decor magazines that
show such an application?

No this customer is pretty clueless. And I told her I could incase it but
with a right angle. She didn't think that's what she wanted. I told her I
would get back to her when I figured out how to do it. I might end up
having to make it. Sometimes these people have more money than BRAINS! But
its custom work so $$$$ can be charged.

There are corner mouldings available at the Borgs that are made to fit
the rounded drywall corners. Predrilling before nailing is a must. My
house has the rounded corners, but the base moulding wraps around the
corner with a small pieces or the straight base set at 45 degrees, all
the cuts being 22.5 degrees. Builders apparently do the fine finishing
on the top edge with caulk...