Posted to alt.home.repair
John Keith John Keith is offline

Default Insinkerator not digesting its load

I have a Insinkerator, model Badger 5, 1/2 HP, that is not very
consistent at grinding a load. The motor runs quietly and the blades
on the on the rotating plate seem to swivel freely yet it doesn't
complete the job. The unit is about 6 years old and the cutting
surface on the outside perimeter does look a little worn and is rusty
but I wouldn't expect that to affect the operation. I'm looking at
this for an older couple so I have no day-to-day experience with the
unit but i did not do much with a handful of carrots we tried to feed
it. And the homemaker says it just doesn't work well.

Any advice? I hate to replace it for them without seeing something
really out of whack with it.

John Keith