Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default breaker box cover

dpb wrote:
RBM wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Could enclose the whole panel in a nice wooden box quick with door
access.
I wonder why he needs cover? It'll be a hinderance when quick access
to breaker is needed.

The NEC requires a cover, and requires it to be made of non combustible
material, and listed for the purpose

Not to mention opening the "nice wooden box" door to expose the live
innards of the box isn't really all that cool, Code or no Code...

Some things even ordinary common sense says are just silly...

--

Hmmm,
I misunderstood. Was that the front cover to hide wires and breaker