Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default permanent connection of propane grill to city gas?

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
To answer a couple questions in one post, I'm talking about Arlington, VA,
and the tank in question that I spent so much money on is not a 50 lb deal
but a standard 17 lb propane tank, hence my suspicion that the pricing is
significantly higher than I'd spend if I simply used regular natural gas.

nate

Those are 20 pound tanks and only the rip-off "exchange" places put 17
pounds in them. BlueRhino for one will even give you a tank that can not be
refilled elsewhere. Sounds like "restraint of trade" to me but I just vote
with my pocketbook by not buying their product.

If you can run your own line or have it done cheaply the NG will be far
cheaper. Propane heat costs more here (KY) than electric does.

Ducane makes a convertible grill. Whether yours is or not can only be
answered by the MFG.

--
Colbyt