Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default What to do about the granite company?

To tell the truth, the granite company offer sounds too good to be
true. It sounds a bit like a client or project they just want to
get rid of.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
On May 4, 12:42?am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Here's a brief version of what happened. I hired a granite
company in
the Philly, PA area to install granite in my stand up shower.
The
whole job was $1200: $600 for the granite and $600 for the
installation.

The frameless shower glass contractor informed me that the
threshold
was pitched the wrong way. After some haggling (the granite
folks were
insisting that 1/8" the wrong way is "only a little wrong") they
came
over to remove the threshold, After they removed it, they
informed me
that they will not be reinstalling the theshold for fear that it
may
shift and end up being pitched the wrong way again. They further
informed me that if I take the measurements and mark the stone
for
them, they will cut it for me and give me a check for $300 to
have
someone install it again.

So far I have not been able to find anyone to do this because it
is
too small a job on the one hand and nobody wants to deal with
granite
for fear of breaking it on the other.

What can I do at this point? What recourse do I have against the
granite company? I was very foolish and did not sign a contract.

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

I would take them to small claims court for the entire amount. to
get
their attention....

dont know what options there were, but they should of informed you
bewfore they removed it that they refuse to reinstall it