Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default breaker box cover

To my knowledge no one makes custom breaker panel covers. It can
even get very difficult to get covers for old panels.

RBM is a licensed electrician. He has already told you all of
this. He suggested you get a factory cover back on the panel.
You never indicated whether you have a surface mount cover or
flush mount cover, that is a change that you may be able to do
depending on age of panel.

Your choices would seem to be:
1. Move the existing panel forward the proper distance to work.
2. Install the lid you own correctly, and cover over the recesses
lid with a picture or door.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"sid" wrote in message
On May 3, 8:06 pm, "John Grabowski"
wrote:
"sid" wrote in message

On May 3, 5:48 pm, "RBM" wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message

On May 3, 1:32 pm, sid wrote:

I need a breaker box cover the will fit the existing box,
but now
that the wall has been finished the wall is about 1 -1.5"
out in front
of the box. Where can I find a box cover that will fit the
box but
the flange be in front of the wall ?

Thanks

Sid.

Any electrical distributor can order you one from the
manufacturer.
You may need extra long mounting screws to compensate for the
extra
wall thickness.

Joe

So, the circuit breakers will be an inch and a half back from
the panel
cover!!

Joe, Thats what I thought, but I was not finding anything like
that
on my web searches.
(I was sure I had seen them before, but did not remember where)
The box is SquareD 40 breakers (pretty generic I think).
Is there anyplace to order one online, or would the cost be
unreasonable ?

Some Square D covers can be purchased separately, however as RBM
mentions
the breakers will be too far back. Also you cannot have that
much drywall
exposed on the edges to the interior of the panel. Put the cover
on set
back in the wall. Check the panel label for the correct cover
model number
and contact a Square D distributor. The Square D web site has
their
complete catalog online, but it is a little confusing to find
things.- Hide quoted text -

When I search Square-Ds' E-Catalog for panel covers, I get 1004
hits.
What term do they call a panel cover like this ?