Posted to alt.home.repair
gore[_2_] gore[_2_] is offline

Default stone foundation falling out

I have a home built in 1848. It has a stone foundation that has sunk and has
been sunk for several decades (I can tell this by the way the previous
owners who remolded in the 60's just made the baseboards wider to compensate
for the sagging floor). This morning I was walking the dogs and noticed a
section of the outside wall had fallen out. It looks like this has been a
trouble spot before because there are different types of mortar and cement
from previous repairs. I have some links to pictures and what I am hoping is
what I need to repair this, but I was wondering if anyone had any better
ideas or advice on how I can permanently fix this. I am by no means a mason,
and I think I am going to have a problem situating the stones back in where
they would actually do something structural rather than just lay in there.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shane

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...oundation2.jpg