Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron Fude Aaron Fude is offline

Default What to do about the granite company?

Hi,

Here's a brief version of what happened. I hired a granite company in
the Philly, PA area to install granite in my stand up shower. The
whole job was $1200: $600 for the granite and $600 for the
installation.

The frameless shower glass contractor informed me that the threshold
was pitched the wrong way. After some haggling (the granite folks were
insisting that 1/8" the wrong way is "only a little wrong") they came
over to remove the threshold, After they removed it, they informed me
that they will not be reinstalling the theshold for fear that it may
shift and end up being pitched the wrong way again. They further
informed me that if I take the measurements and mark the stone for
them, they will cut it for me and give me a check for $300 to have
someone install it again.

So far I have not been able to find anyone to do this because it is
too small a job on the one hand and nobody wants to deal with granite
for fear of breaking it on the other.

What can I do at this point? What recourse do I have against the
granite company? I was very foolish and did not sign a contract.

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron