Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default nuts with nylon inserts versus lock washers and jamb nuts

On Sat, 3 May 2008 17:53:40 -0700 (PDT), BobR
wrote:

On another post you commented on the "single" use of the nylon insert
nuts and this may be correct if you are using the common cheap Home-
Depot made in China hardware. I have found that aircraft grade nylon
insert nuts will still provide a firm tight hold after two or three
cycles. I wouldn't recommend them for more than that though.

I'm the OP and I would think a Harbor Freight trailer is even more
cheaply made than most of Home Depot stuff. And on the box the
trailer came in, it says Made in China.

I hope my axle doesn't fall off!!

They also say no more than 55 MPH. Can I take that to mean no more
than 60?