Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default Tankless hard cost numbers

On Sat, 3 May 2008 17:10:48 -0700 (PDT), Big_Jake
wrote:

On May 3, 5:27 pm, Paul M. Eldridge
wrote:

It's a good resource, but I'd caution that some of the assumptions
need updating. For example, the cost of fuel oil in the price
comparison table is listed as $2.40 a gallon and, today, that number
would be closer to $4.00 (I'm currently paying $4.17 a gallon). On
that basis, the annual energy cost of a conventional oil-fired water
heater would fall in the range of $1,100.00, as opposed to the $650.00
shown here.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul -

Where the heck do you live?? Diesel at the pump is around $4.20 where
I am (WI), so you subtract the taxes and get retail fuel oil at around
$3.80 (ish). Holy cow!

JK

Hi Jake,

I'm in Halifax, Nova Scotia and I currently pay $1.109 per litre
which, if my math is correct, translates to be $4.17 per gallon (i.e.,
1 U.S. gallon = 3.76 litres). Taxes extra.

Mind you, it could be worse. The average price is reported to be
$129.9 per litre in Victoria, B.C. and that converts to a whopping
$4.88 per gallon ($5.13 with tax).

Source: http://www.mjervin.com/WPPS_Public.htm

Cheers,
Paul