Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tankless hard cost numbers

On May 3, 6:27�pm, Paul M. Eldridge
wrote:
On Sat, 3 May 2008 14:10:57 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
http://www.aceee.org/consumerguide/waterheating.htm

best comparison I have seen, compares electric, gas, oil, standard vs
tankless yearly water heating costs.

Even has install costs, expected lifetimes of units etc.

good reading for anyone considering a new hot water unit

It's a good resource, but I'd caution that some of the assumptions
need updating. �For example, the cost of fuel oil in the price
comparison table is listed as $2.40 a gallon and, today, that number
would be closer to $4.00 (I'm currently paying $4.17 a gallon). �On
that basis, the annual energy cost of a conventional oil-fired water
heater would fall in the range of $1,100.00, as opposed to the $650.00
shown here.

Cheers,
Paul

yep very true, must be hard to run a website with such volatile fuel
costs..

natural gas will have gone up over 20% since april, for the fall
heating season locally

we are getting a new 95% furnace with air, and i am looking at hot
water heaters since ours is old and really should be moved during the
new furnace install...... more efficent use of space.

if the condensing furnaces are truly 2 grand i would never save any
money...

thats how i stumbled on to this info