Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making thread on bars.

On Sat, 3 May 2008 08:10:51 -0700 (PDT), buzun
wrote:

Hi,

I’m a medium size bolt producer. I do my bolts with straight bars and
straight reinforcement bars. (I don’t use bars in coils.) I cut or
roll a
threads on bars and re-bars. (mainly on re-bars)

Before cutting or rolling thread I have to prepare a head of the bar
-
I peel it. I know that there is different possibility. Instead of
pilling I could extrude the head of the bar, and it would look a same
like after peeling. My problem is that I know there is such a
technology, but I don’t know any producer of machines which do such a
thing.

Can any of you help me? Do you know any factory which do such a
things? (In Europe or anywhere else.)

Thanks for any clue.

Google Hot Heading, Cold Heading

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.