Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
default default is offline

Default Graf - Encyclopedia of Electronic Circuits - torrent help?

On Sat, 03 May 2008 12:25:44 -0500, flipper wrote:

On Sat, 3 May 2008 09:16:54 -0700, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"
wrote:

Somehow I'm not understanding torrents. I tried downloading it and got a
12k file that is not readable by anything I've got on this machine.

You need a program that 'understands' torrent files, like bitTorrent,
uTorrent, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_client

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29

How
about a torrent mini-tutorial posted somewhere?

Google and Wikipedia are your friends. Seriously, try putting your
question into google: "torrent tutorial."

Jim

What's the etiquette for bit torrent downloading? I'm on dial up only
and my connection is often dropped if inactive for a few minutes or
the transfer falls below 50% speed or ~2,500 bps. Does participating
cause others in the net grief, or will it cause me problems?

I can set some other program to download to keep the connection open
but that hurts the torrent . . . .