Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default nuts with nylon inserts versus lock washers and jamb nuts

On May 2, 6:14*pm, dpb wrote:
BobR wrote:

dpb wrote:
BobR wrote:
Let me put it this way...I am building an airplane and using the nylon
insert nuts for most applications with a few critical exceptions where
only a castle nut and cotter pin is acceptable. *I don't use and
wouldn't even consider using lock washers on anything. *...
I don't know airframe rules, but if you mean "anything" within the
ordinary English meaning, that's simply silly...

--

When building a plane, if the screw or bolt is important enough to
have any lock washer it is important to make sure you use one that

You obviously didn't _read_ or at least comprehend what I wrote...

I read it, understood it completely and really considered you rather
silly for having written it. You had nothing useful to add so you
wasted everyones time.