Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Best way to anchor basement walls ?

EXT wrote:

wrote in message
On Mar 25, 2:36 pm, The Reverend Natural Light
wrote:

Avoid the gunpowder charge nail guns as they can crack the slab.

Only on old concrete. "Green" concrete, stuff that is 28 days old,
the charge nails will penetrate with no issue.

Tapcons are awesome, though. Why didn't they come up with these 20
years ago?

Actually, I first saw them about 20 years ago.

Green concrete or not, I've never seen a powder actuated fastener crack
concrete. I suppose if it's really old poor quality concrete that's only
2" thick it might, but in that case it's just pointing out that you need
to put in a proper slab.