Silvan

Default Air Brush

Ernie Jurick wrote:

I second the motion. My Badger 150 is 20 years old and still good as new.
Not sure it can spray latex, though.

I third it. Badger makes a good, simple airbrush.

I killed my 150 though. I screwed up and let paint dry in it. I tried all
manner of solvents to no avail.

I found that for what *I* use an airbrush for (as a miniature spray gun for
shooting one solid color onto train models), a cheap, simple external mix
was the way to go, so I bought one of those (also a Badger.) In truth,
it's been sitting in the box ever since. I never tried it out. I bought
it at right about the time I realized that my around-the-room layout was
never going to get built while I still had expensive children in the house,
so I packed it up along with all my other high-dollar dongles, to be
dragged out some day when I have money to burn.

Model railroading is an *expensive* hobby.

Anyway, someone else suggested Iwata. I have one of those too, and it's a
good airbrush. I find it rather too delicate for my fumble-fingered hands.
The needle is extremely fine, and very easy to bend. The air fitting on
the thing is some weird size too, and I don't currently have a compressor
that can drive it. Having used both though, I definitely preferred the
Badger. Not as elegant, but tougher.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 16786 Approximate word count: 503580