Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default "Sine ball" in a project

wrote:
On May 2, 3:25 pm, wrote:

I figured since this uses a ball-bearing to generate sine waves
(mechanisms like that have been seen here now and then), this would
have some interest:

http://www.tatjavanvark.nl/harmonium/

Dave

Whups- the ball is for an integrator, jumped to that because that's
the part I recognized.

Dave

Yeah, the olde "ball and disk integrators" I remember seeing gathering
dust in the corners of some labs when I was in college.

I think they were WWII relics from mechanical analog computers used for
weapons aiming or something similar.

Beautifull machining though isn't it? She(?) must be one in a gadzillion.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)