Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Freshly soldered joint leaks; what now?

Tony Hwang wrote:
Quickest way is redo them after cutting the joint. Sorry to say it but
poor workmanship! Clean, flux, heat properly and flow the solder. If
water drops are present near the joint stuff a piece of bread to soak it
up. When your water starts to flow break will dissolve and come out of
faucet/taps.

I know it was poor workmanship. I'm a rookie when it comes to soldering joints
and these were in the crawl space under the house. Not enough headroom to kneel
and my arms weren't quite long enough to lay supine and still reach comfortably.
I consider myself fortunate I didn't catch anything on fire.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com