Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Freshly soldered joint leaks; what now?

Blow the lines clear of water, and re-sweat the joints with lots of paste.

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
news
I spent a good while yesterday after noon with the spiders and snakes under
my house replacing some valves that the last plumber had installed in the
wrong sequence so that it was impossible to blow the lines clear before the
first freeze of the season. The new valves are now in place and seem to be
fine but I found that some very awkward places as I worked towards the
outside faucet leak at the unions.... maybe three out of more than a dozen
that I did. So what do I do now?

I can easily blow the lines clear now but I'm reluctant to negate any more
work than I absolutely have to in order to correct the problem. None of
these leaks are gully washers... just drip, drip, drip... but I know I
will not be able to live with them. What is the best way to fix the
leaks? I'm talking about 1/2" copper lines and fittings.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com