Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick[_8_] Rick[_8_] is offline

Default searching for lawn mower repair advice

On Apr 26, 1:39 pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:31:26 -0700 (PDT), Rick
wrote:

-snip-

I looked at Pat's small engine site and it does not appear that they
have tecumseh carbs.. I'll keep searching. If I can get a new carb for
say $50, I'll do it.

I forgot that web design isn't Pat's strong point- [I had to Google
it]http://www.psep.biz/store/tecumseh_carburetors.htm

3 carbs for the LV120 - $46, $49, $59- depending on serial number of
engine apparently.

Jim

Hi everyone;

I finally got this thing running and I wanted to share the info with
you.

The culprit on the carburetor was the hollow brass bolt that threads
up into the bowl of the carb from the bottom. The bolt has a few holes
and a chamber inside. If the holes or canal get clogged guess what ?
It won't stay running! I cleaned this puppy several times with
Gummout and used a paper clip and a needle to push all the gunk out.

I installed and removed it 2 or 3 times before the engine stayed
running.
I also sprayed Gummout into the air cleaner hole before starting it up
each time to keep the crap moving through.

Thanks again to everyone. You were a great help.

Rick