Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Ice maker stopped

tom wrote in
:

On May 1, 2:30 pm, LouB wrote:
tom wrote:
On May 1, 9:52 am, LouB wrote:
gpsman wrote:
On May 1, 12:14 pm, LouB wrote:
GE refrig with ice maker turned on by putting lever down
Put it down and it made ice for a few hours then just stopped.
Regrig has not been moved or touched in any way. Icemaker just
appears to have died. Any experience with this kind of thing.
Box is 5- 10 years old. Came with house that I bought last
year.
OK, but how long have you been using the ice maker? And how long
has it been stopped?
IME sometimes the cycle timing varies and I wonder if mine is
broke (or breaking).
-----
- gpsman
I generally run it about every two weeks since I only use a few
ice cubes a day. Been using it since I got the house about 16
months ago. flipped the lever down yesterday (Wednesday) morning.
It made about 10 ice cubes and then got quiet. I have flipped
lever up and down a couple of times. If it does not come back to
life and the repair is not both easy and cheap I can just go back
to ice cube trays.

Lou

Depends on what you mean by "cheap". It's an easy replacement, with
a new unit costing no more than $120.00. I got one for $80.00. Look
online for your model, then tell the local appliance parts outlet
how much you'd pay through "ecommerce", and they'll usually match
that price. Tom

"Easy" is relative, based on experience and ability.
Thank You.

Lou

You're welcome. Yep, I realize that just turning a screw can be
overwhelming. Losers. Tom

overwhelming. Losers.

You're a real charmer huh?