Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] is offline

Default Identifying shorts in CRT socket spark gaps and repairing them

On Thursday 01 May 2008 18:44, bz wrote:
Need to see the OTHER side of the board. Those sparkgaps I am familiar with
look like a small ceramic disk capacitor with a slit cut into the edge
perpendicular to the disk.

They might be INSIDE the body of the socket (white plastic thing on the
board you are holding).

http://www.halfgaar.net/posts/2008-05/crt-socket-back

There are no parts except a few SMD capacitors, as far as I can see. And there
is nothing whatsoever in the white body (I desoldered it to have a look).