Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn jo4hn is offline

Default O/T: It' Been One Of Those days

Robatoy wrote:
On May 1, 12:04 am, jo4hn wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Apr 30, 4:34 pm, Pat Barber wrote:
You must ex-civil service with all that training.
Actually... the dude *is* a rocket scientist. For real!

Akshimally, the key word should be *was*.

Any of your efforts still floating up there?

I didn't do much in the way of rocketry either. My gig was in data
capture systems. I started with the Lunar Surveyor and Mariner projects
(moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars) doing real time operating system design and
development. I did some work on Viking (Mars), Voyager (outer planets
and beyond), Pioneer (several), Galileo (Jupiter), Ulysses (sun polar
orbiter), and system support for several others. Ended up defining
international standards for self defining data structures. Lotsa fun.
Retired in '99 and moved to paradise (kind of).
mahalo,
jo4hn