Posted to rec.woodworking
sweet sawdust sweet sawdust is offline

Default Home Depot and power tools

Just heard on the radio that HD is closing 15 stores due to lagging sales.
Maybe their sales model is not working well.
"Old Guy" wrote in message
Well, the folks we love to hate have done it again.

The LOML and I went to Home Depot, and I got my errands done before
she did, so I went to drool over the stationary power tools while I
waited. Couldn't do it. No display. Pation Furniture was there
instead.

The person at the Contractor desk said that Corporate had decided that
the tool display wasn't bringing in enough sales, so they still had
the tools, in the box, and they could show me pictures of what they
looked like, but that was it.

I suggested that I never bought things like that from pictures, and he
agreed, but said no one at the decision level wanted to hear concerns
from the front lines. I look to see big iron tools dropped from their
stores pretty soon, cause they don't sell any without working display
models. Watch for the closeouts, might be able to score a gloat or
two.

Old Guy