Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default CFL vs Incandescent

In article ,
wrote:

The industry is WAY too young to state, unequivocally, that CFLs
are superior to incandescent.

Fluorescent lamps have been around for a VERY long time.
Their advantages over incandescent are well documented.

I agree. Do you mean that statement to include COMPACT fluorescent
lamps? Of that, I am not yet convinced.

Expect 50 cent CFL's shortly.

I'll bet not.

They are already down to about $2

Expect them to stay there or only slightly lower. Simply because of
their higher price, their profit margin is higher in their sale. While
there is ostensibly a lot of pressure to replace the incandescent lamp
with the CFL, there is also much pressure to not allow its price to
descend to that of the common light bulb. Supply and demand and all
that...

Cite?

A citation or reference with which to consider the veracity of your
claim.

[Deleted: Good cite]

Thank-you. I stand corrected. I was wrong. I'm sorry.

I have yet to visit the Mall of America but now, even more, plan to do
so. (I am anything BUT a "huge" mall fan.)
--

JR