Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_2_] Lee Michaels[_2_] is offline

Default Home Depot and power tools

"bob kater" wrote in message

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
You know Frank... I found that hard to believe until
I actually heard a guy bragging about bringing a shop vac
back to Sears after he had used it to clean up his garage.

I have since had people suggest to me that any "special"
tools needed for a project can be done in a similar manner.

I thought it was maybe one or two out of a thousand, but now
I believe it is a wildly popular method.

It is also a popular method of cleaning the basement after local
flooding.

We all pay higher prices for our tools because of these bozos.

My neighbor just did the same thing except it was his electronics.
Except.... He charged them, brought them home, 15 days later he reports a
break-in..... Files insurance, gets the money to replace them, pays off
the credit card charge.... Gets his friend to bring them back and he has
beautiful electronics for free. Had a party a couple of weeks ago (open
house) and invites a cop.. he checks serial number on the items as he is
aware of the breakin and he now sit in the jail for insurance fraud.

Ahhh..., the insurance fraud thing. Two thoughts...

Your neighbor got just what he deserved. I hope it was worth it for him.

Secondly, insurance companies are putting more and more people into fraud
investigations. The reason is simple. It doesn't cost them anything. Every
dime that it takes to pay these guys is less than the recovery/savings on
bad claims.