Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default CFL vs Incandescent

Jim Redelfs wrote:

I was born in Minnesota. There is NO WAY in hades that passive solar
and body heat is the ONLY source of heat there. I'm not calling you a
liar, because I am quite sure you believe what you claimed. I will
not believe it until I research the claim beginning with a cite by
you.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mall_of...ite_note-VOA-4

"Despite Minnesota's sub-zero temperatures in the winter, only the mall's
entrances are heated. Heat is allowed in through skylights above Nickelodeon
Universe. Heat is produced by lighting fixtures, other electric devices and
also by employees and guests of the mall in sufficient amounts to keep it
comfortable. In fact, even during the winter, air conditioning systems need
to be run nonstop during peak hours to ensure a comfortable shopping
environment."

From http://wcco.com/local/heating.costs.cold.2.638318.html

" "In reality, we don't heat the mall," said Anna Long, a spokesperson for
the Mall of America. "There's no central heating system which is incredible
if you think about it."

Shoppers are heating up the mall. The body heat of 40 million visitors each
year is one of three heating sources. Sunshine from the skylights, which
are seven and a half acres of glass and miles of artificial lights help too.
The mall is typically 72 degrees in the winter. "

--
Dave www.davebbq.com