Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Woodchuck Bombs

"Red Green" wrote in message
"SteveB" toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
"SteveB" toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote in
:

wrote in message
news I can't remember the name of this device. It looks like a big metal
detector. It floods the burrows with flammable gas, then ignites
it.

The concussion kills everything instantly.

I thought it was something like The Ratinator, but I didn't find
anything like that.

I do remember that they were availble for rent.

If you shoved a ferret down there, who would win?

Rodenator. Google it, and watch the videos. Impressive, but a
little ambiguous, and some safety practices of theirs concern me.
Notice how close the guy is to the hole he's putting gas in. Like
standing close to the muzzle of a cannon.

Steve

I want to come by, bring a kettle BBQ, lawn chair, some dogs, chips
and drinks for this.

Me, or the Rodenator? In the videos, they appear to do an effective
job. Yet a couple of times, you see the operator take a face shield
full of dirt. They use full face shields and ear protection, but
anything that will blow dirt fifty feet in the air will blow a rock
fast enough to put a hurt on you.

I've done this four times now, and learned enough to reconfigure the
device. It's getting to be gopher time around here, and I want to
arrive at a final design so I can try to make some money with this. I
already have a couple of ranchers interested. I just want it to work
when I go out to do it, and not have any nasty surprises.

Steve

Take a cell phone if they work there. Hopefully you still in shape enough
to call!

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford