Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.peeves,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,alt.bitterness
Jeff Jonas Jeff Jonas is offline

Default What is exactly is the "gubamint"?

Someone used this term recently. What does it mean?

I always call it gooberment. It's where you send your taxes.

I'd clarify: it is where you send your US state taxes.
The election for state governor is called the "gubernatorial election"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gubernatorial
gubernatorial \GOO-ber-nuh-TOR-ee-uhl\, adjective:
Of or pertaining to a governor.

so I guess the winner is the state Goober!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goober_Pyle
Goober was the fictional auto mechanic for the town of Mayberry
in the 1960s American TV sitcom The Andy Griffith Show
and its later spin-off series Mayberry RFD. He was played by George Lindsey.
"Goober" is an Americanization of the West African Kongo language word
"Nguba", meaning Peanut.

Goobers is also a snackfood:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate-coated_peanut
Chocolate-coated (or chocolate-covered) peanuts are a popular bulk
vending product. They consist, as the name suggests, of peanuts coated in a
shell of milk chocolate.

http://www.nestleclassics.com/product_goobers.asp
and they're usually next to
http://www.nestleclassics.com/product_raisinets.asp