Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Plumbing - ABS to PVC

Red Green wrote in
:

As a reminder, plumbing is not my strongpoint but I do it pretty much
without leaks pretty much first shot lately.

Anyway, Under a sink, black (ABS?) to white (PVC) seems to be a no-no.
From what I take, it's the gluing that is the issue. Actually I hear
Oatey makes an acceptable glue now. Local codes often don't accept
this I also hear.

My Q is not about gluing though. It at the slip joints. Since there is
no glue involved, does general code allow this? And again, of course
local code prevails.

Happened to have a chance to call the inspector here. He says A-OK on ABS
to PVC at slip joints long as it's not a glue joint.