Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing - ABS to PVC

As a reminder, plumbing is not my strongpoint but I do it pretty much
without leaks pretty much first shot lately.

Anyway, Under a sink, black (ABS?) to white (PVC) seems to be a no-no. From
what I take, it's the gluing that is the issue. Actually I hear Oatey makes
an acceptable glue now. Local codes often don't accept this I also hear.

My Q is not about gluing though. It at the slip joints. Since there is no
glue involved, does general code allow this? And again, of course local
code prevails.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote in
:

As a reminder, plumbing is not my strongpoint but I do it pretty much
without leaks pretty much first shot lately.

Anyway, Under a sink, black (ABS?) to white (PVC) seems to be a no-no.
From what I take, it's the gluing that is the issue. Actually I hear
Oatey makes an acceptable glue now. Local codes often don't accept
this I also hear.

My Q is not about gluing though. It at the slip joints. Since there is
no glue involved, does general code allow this? And again, of course
local code prevails.

Happened to have a chance to call the inspector here. He says A-OK on ABS
to PVC at slip joints long as it's not a glue joint.

Plumbing Code - Can I tie my bathroom exaust fan into the main plumbing vent to the outside. johnnymo Home Repair 29 December 9th 18 03:08 AM
plumbing mamace Home Repair 4 September 27th 06 08:46 PM
Old odd plumbing Adrian UK diy 12 July 23rd 05 11:07 PM
need some plumbing help FireBrick Home Repair 6 June 14th 05 03:35 AM