Posted to alt.home.repair
RubEric RubEric is offline

Default Water-damaged exterior doors

I have two exterior doors that are water damaged. They are typical
wood fremed - masonite skinned doors. They were properly painted and
sealed when installed about 5 years ago but the masonite has become
water-logged, has bubbled and has delaminated from the frame.

I have done my best to reduce the water that spashes onto the doors
but now must repair the doors. I think there is no point in re-
skinning them with masonite.

I understand there are fibreglas doors made for use in damp areas. I
can't afford to replace the doors but could I re-skin them with
fibreglass in place of the masonite?

What would you use to repair a door such as this?? Can I purchase
fibreglass sheets such as used in fibreglas exterior doors?? Can you
suggests another repair method.

Thanks, Eric