Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Incandescent that avoids upcoming ban

On 4/30/2008 8:34 AM S. Barker spake thus:

where else would you put a battery? Unless you're talking about a car
battery, THEY go in the pile on the back forty until the price of lead comes
back up.

I guess some folks are just more civilized than others; here in the East
Bay (San Francisco), we can (and some of us do) take our batteries, old
fluorescents, etc., to the recycling center where they segregate it and
dispose of it properly.

Of course, then there are the ****ing idiots who just leave TVs and
computer monitors on the STREETS of my neighborhood, where they
sometimes get broken. Can you say 10 pounds of LEAD????

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill