Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.peeves,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,alt.bitterness

Default What the gubamint didn't tell you about digital converters

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, FDR wrote:
You could have kept control over them like, oh say, the current model
of that very same part of spectrum. You could have allocated them for free
to public safety or some other worthy group. Any number of other
possibilities if they had wanted to go that way. If you look at the
history, the auction was largely a justification for taking the spectrum
away from TV and not staying with a dual system for a few more years.

We have a dual system for the past few years. Why must we continue?

Because for some people, forever will not even be long enough.

Michael