Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.peeves,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,alt.bitterness
J[_5_] J[_5_] is offline

Default What the gubamint didn't tell you about digital converters

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:22:05 -0500, Alric Knebel
wrote:

I know this thread is about converters, but I have to say, I can't
believe anybody is still using VCRs

A lot of us electronically-clueless elderly people on fixed incomes
are still using VCRs.

But I fear the same may be the case with DVD recorders that have NTSC.

The people in this thread have said that if the digital converters
work with analog TVs, then they should work with analog VCRs and DVDs.

Makes perfect sense. Maybe I screwed up yesterday and will try again
today, because the TV reception is GREAT! I was somehow able to get
that to work.

Meanwhile a cheap, a DVD/VHS combo (with NTSC) is due to arrive this
week. I ordered it before knowing the hassle that was forthcoming.