Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default manual brad nail gun?

Jim Elbrecht wrote in
:

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:32:17 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

-snip-
Or get the nailer ($20.00) and an air tank ($23.00). Refill the tank
at the gas station.

many gas stations no longer have a high pressure air compressor,just one
suitable for inflating auto tires,and many charge for air.
you need 50-60 PSI at least for a nailer,I believe.

Don't know how many trips to the station, but it should work.

That's a great idea. I'm betting one trip with a 10 gallon will shoot
several hundred nails. [I might just try it today for giggles.]

I bought my compressor first- but ended up with a tank, too, so the
money spent on the tank is not money wasted.

OP- also pick up a $8 'air accessory kit'. You'll be back for a
compressor in a short time.

Jim

~$200 would get you a Porter-Cable portable compressor and brad nailer
combo kit,with hose. then you can use it for other jobs.

Or RENT one.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik