Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Source of reasonably priced cabinet knobs and pulls?

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 02:19:52 GMT, Joy wrote:

I would like to replace the knobs and pulls on my cabinets and drawers but
the local hardware stores seem SO expensive. $4.00 for one brass pull?
Sheesh!

I would like decent hardware but am not sure what makes one material
better than another and would appreciate some advice and comments.

Get whatever the Mrs. likes. If she doesn't care, get the cheapest
ones you like. Then if you decide to change them 3 yrs from now it
won't hurt so bad.

Also, does anyone know of a reliable place with a decent selection I could
order on the web that would be cheaper than the big chain hardware stores?

http://www.leevalley.com/ Great hardware & tools. Decent prices.
Great service. The catalogs are coffee table books with soft
covers.

Jim