Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,alt.survival,misc.rural
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Noisy squirrel in my attic. How do I get it out?

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:44:29 -0700 (PDT), Quaker25
wrote:

On Apr 29, 10:48 am, wrote:
Hi folks,

I have an unwanted visitor in my old house. The door of attic is
sealed off with concrete and wood, I can't get in unless I drill it
open.

Inside is no light just the wooden roof frame and some old wood lying
around.

Now something is running around. We have lots of squirrels here. And
it sounds like one. Running fast and suddenly stopping. It wakes me up
in the morning when I would like to sleep.

What should I do? Did you ever had a squirrel in your attic? How did
you get rid of it?

There are these battery operated rodent repellents. They make a
certain high pitched noise and the rodent allegedly runs off. Does
this work also with squirrels?

Thanks in advance. You advice is highly appreciated.

Gene

Mothballs are a bust. I had one in my attic and he used the mothballs
for a pillow. Sprayed pepper spray in hole during day sealed access
hole with plastic and next morning he was back. Had to set large wire
animal trap every day for about two weeks with peanut butter. Tried
smaller wire trap and he kept getting bait. He got the bait out of the
large trap several times until I fine tuned the trigger and lubricated
it with WD-40.
Was going to shoot him in the face after I caught him but he stood up
on his hind legs held onto the cage like a convict and begged for his
life with quiet little woof sounds. Figured if he was that much of a
man I would relocate him. Closed up hole with temporary patch in case
he wasn't alone but have not had any new squatters. I have several of
the sonic wing dings but they are not effective.

Good on you for relocating him.

Respects

Gunner