Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Source of reasonably priced cabinet knobs and pulls?

On Tue 29 Apr 2008 07:19:52p, Joy told us...

I would like to replace the knobs and pulls on my cabinets and drawers
but the local hardware stores seem SO expensive. $4.00 for one brass
pull? Sheesh!

I would like decent hardware but am not sure what makes one material
better than another and would appreciate some advice and comments.

Also, does anyone know of a reliable place with a decent selection I
could order on the web that would be cheaper than the big chain
hardware stores?

Thanks so much!

Joy

Solid brass hardware is never cheap. I would consider $4.00 fairly
inexpensive for brass. There are a lot of materials to consider, so
perhaps you should look further to see what else might appeal to you.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 04(IV)/29(XXIX)/08(MMVIII)