Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living
krw[_3_] krw[_3_] is offline

Default Incandescent that avoids upcoming ban

In article ,
says...
Dennis M wrote:
In article , Jeff
wrote:

Dennis M wrote:
In article ,
(Don
Klipstein) wrote:

In article , S. Barker wrote:

What's this bs about a ban? I've not kept up with the messages.
A recently enacted piece of USA Federal legislation bans manufacture,
sale and importation of certain incandescent lamps, starting in 2012.
Some (Republican) congresswoman introduced a bill last week to scale back
on that legislation and force Uncle Sam to keep its big nose out of
people's lightbulbs. I hope it goes through.

Why don't you just buy a couple cases of incandescants and keep them
with your 8 tracks. You seem to have missed the spiraling energy costs
and don't seem to care about waste. Well, it's been a great 7 1/2 years
for you hasn't it?

Why don't you eat me, smartass. I use CFL bulbs in my home where they're
warranted, I just want the option to use incandescents in certain
situations also.

You still have that option. Specialty and low wattage lamps are exempt.
There's few places where an edison base lamp couldn't be replaced with
one of the CFLs satisfactorily. It pays to not buy the cheap discount
store CFLs. And as Don pointed out, you can buy the new halogens, which
will certainly fall in price.

I'm not about to use CFLs anywhere I spend any time. I'm not about
to replace all my fixtures either. A case of bulbs here, and a case
there...

I'd still like to use R12, but the switchover did close the ozone
hole. Remember that?

Oh, good grief!

Sometimes you have to do something because it has a far greater benefit.

Someimes you just have to be a good little sheep, eh Komrad?

Jeff

I have a sneaking suspicion the majority of Americans do
too.

Sheep? Evidently...

--
Keith