Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jeff[_7_] Jeff[_7_] is offline

Default Incandescent that avoids upcoming ban

John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article ,
Jeff wrote:

Why don't you just buy a couple cases of incandescants and keep them
with your 8 tracks. You seem to have missed the spiraling energy costs
and don't seem to care about waste. Well, it's been a great 7 1/2 years
for you hasn't it?

Its funny you claim that the poster doesn't care about waste. You
see, you can toss a regular lightbulb into the trash since it is
basically safe. But the new CF bulbs are hazardous materials that
have to be handled by special licensed contractors. The contents
of those bulbs can kill you. Talk about waste...

Mercury CFL myths:

http://howtosaveenergy.blogspot.com/...ury-myths.html

There's always someone making excuses rather than moving forward with
conservation. Same thing with global warming which this is not so
coincidentally linked.

Can you imagine where we would be if we had not had CAFE standards. If
all the cars had the same fuel efficiency and smog standards that they
had in the 50's and 60's?

You can get low mercury CFLs if you like. Or recycle, they are
harmless if unbroken.

Jeff

-john-