Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,alt.survival,misc.rural
NapalmHeart[_2_] NapalmHeart[_2_] is offline

Default Noisy squirrel in my attic. How do I get it out?

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Neon John wrote:
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:48:12 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

What should I do? Did you ever had a squirrel in your attic? How did
you get rid of it?

A couple of years ago I turned my mountain vacation cabin into my
home. The attic was infested with squirrels. Several bait boxes of
D-con inside the attic and a nice pellet gun outside took care of the
problem in a few weeks.

I highly recommend both parts of the solution. Squirrels will eat
D-con about as well as rats do. And even the most dedicated
house-squatters have to come out to ferriage. That's where the
pellet gun comes in. There's a nice one available, complete with
scope, at Wallyworld for under $100.

Beware. You mustn't shoot squirrels out of season or without a
license.

It all depends on the laws of your state. In my state (MI) you don't
need a license to hunt small game on your own land. Further, if an
animal is a pest it can be dealt with.

Ken