Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Aligning hinges on box lid, or nearly anything else...

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:44:52 -0500, Kate wrote:

Boy Larry,

I'm sure glad you posted this part!
I was just about to ask about barrel hinges.

There's another alternative I haven't tried yet. Woodcraft has started
carrying round hinges. You just clamp the box and lid together and drill
a recess with a Forstner bit. They even come with an optional "shelf"
that prevents the box from opening too far.

They're probably available elsewhere but I work part time at Woodcraft so
I know about the ones we carry.