Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Closet Doors

on 4/29/2008 2:37 PM said the following:
I have a closet door that is 81 inches high and 49 inches across
(these measurements are without the jam that is 3/4" thick). With the
jam, the total length across is only 47.5 inches and the standard door
in Home Depot is 24" across (or 48" with 2 doors). Does anyone have
an easy solution?

I had a similar situation. What I did was to cut the wallboard 1-1/2
inches from the rough opening on one side and removed one of the double
studs, then used shims behind the jambs to make up the difference in width.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY