Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB LouB is offline

Default Closet Doors

bob kater wrote:
wrote in message
On Apr 29, 2:50 pm, LouB wrote:
wrote:
I have a closet door that is 81 inches high and 49 inches across
(these measurements are without the jam that is 3/4" thick). With the
jam, the total length across is only 47.5 inches and the standard door
in Home Depot is 24" across (or 48" with 2 doors). Does anyone have
an easy solution?
What are you trying to do?

Sorry. Forgot to include the most important part. I want to hang a
door in that space. The original owner had bought a sliding door but
because they put a hot water heater in the closet, they didn't have
enough room to install the sliding doors as the heater sticks out a
bit. So they tacked wood outside the frame and hung the door on
that. i would like to rehang doors that are flush with the wall.

Had the same issue and used double doors and trimmed them to fit

Meaning Bi-fold doors?