Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Waterproofing New Chimney...

On Apr 29, 2:06*pm, "benick" wrote:
Last November I had the roof stripped and shingled and the chimney re-built
above the roofline and the guy that did it said I should get up there and
waterproof the chimney in the spring when it's warmer. Well it's spring and
I want to do it but I was wondering what I should use? I have used
Thompson's in the past(mixed results) but was wondering if that is the best
stuff to use. What do the Pro's use? Thanks for any help.....

Brick and mortar must breath or water can be held in and freeze and
ruin brick, chimneys go bad from in and outside, inside if the cap and
no liner is used