Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Waterproofing New Chimney...

benick wrote:
Last November I had the roof stripped and shingled and the chimney
re-built above the roofline and the guy that did it said I should get up
there and waterproof the chimney in the spring when it's warmer. Well
it's spring and I want to do it but I was wondering what I should use? I
have used Thompson's in the past(mixed results) but was wondering if
that is the best stuff to use. What do the Pro's use? Thanks for any
help.....

I capped mine to keep out water and animals and chimney guy sealed top
with a waterproof grout where cement was getting crumbly.